Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Friday, February 21, 2014

POPE FRANCIS GREETS UKRAINIAN CARDINALS AND PRAISES CARDINAL KASPER'S “KNEELING THEOLOGY"


Vatican City, 21 February 2014 (VIS) – The second and final day of the extraordinary Consistory of the College of Cardinals to reflect on theme of the family began at 9.30 this morning in the New Synod Hall.

Before work commenced, Pope Francis addressed the cardinals: “I would like to send a greeting, not only personally but in the name of all those present here, to the Ukrainian cardinals – Cardinal Jaworski, archbishop emeritus of Leopoli, and Cardinal Husar, major archbishop emeritus of Kiev – who have suffered greatly in these days and who encounter many difficulties in their homeland. I think it is good to send this message in the name of all of us here: are you in agreement?”, a proposal which was received with applause.

“Another thing: yesterday, before sleeping – although not in order to go to sleep! – I read and reread Cardinal Walter Kasper's document and I would like to thank him, as I found it to be a work of profound theology, and also a serene theological reflection. It is pleasant to read serene theology. And I also found what St. Ignacius described as the 'sensus Ecclesiae', love for the Mother Church. ... It did me good, and an idea came to mind – please excuse me, Eminence, if I embarrass you – but my idea was that this is what we call “doing theology on one's knees”. Thank you, thank you”.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service